Bring and Sing Handel Messiah Part 1
1st December 2019 15.15 - 19:30
Thank you for visiting us.
If you have enjoyed humming along to Handel Messiah, have attended a performance and wondered "could I do that?" or "I'd love to have a go" or used to sing in a choir and now miss it, then this event is for you.
Equally if you just wondered what is involved in delivering such beautiful music, then this is the chance to find out.
Either way, do come and join a friendly and supportive group of choral enthusiasts of all shapes, sizes and capabilities!
- Enjoy one of the great pieces of our Choral Heritage from the inside
- Experience the thrill of singing in a group
- Meet like minded people of all ages
- Plenty of opportunity to make noise and have fun!
- Please bring a copy if possible (Novello/Watkins Shaw)
The event will run from 15.15 to 19:30.
|15:15||Registration and introduction|
|15:30||Warm ups - find out what your voice can do|
|15:40||Group work on the various choruses|
|16:30||Combined work on the choruses|
|19:45||Visit to Choir Pub (optional)|
- Senior Singing Students of Richard Hale School Soprano
- Hazel Ford (ex-Choral Scholar, Robinson College, Cambridge) Soprano
- Sophie Timms (St Martin's Voices) Mezzo-Soprano
- Matt Bernstein (St Martin's Voices) Baritone
- Christopher Benham Organ
- Choir of All Saints and friends
- Martin Penny (Director of Music, All Saints) Conductor
We are not charging for this event as we want it to be open to all. There will be an opportunity to make donations (privately) on the day to cover our costs in running this. Gift Aid envelopes will be available for those who pay tax.
Book a place
To book a place please click here
Please note that this event will only go ahead if we have sufficient bookings to make it worthwhile for everyone. We will allocate all places provisionally and then confirm by Saturday 23rd November at the latest.
How to find us
Information for Hirers
Our Hall is heavily used, but may have just the slot you need.
Can't find something?