Resources for Advent
There are a number of resources that were created for us to use individually or collectively during Advent 2011. They have been left on this website as resources that can be used at other times of year either 'as is' or with suitable modifications for other seasons.
Prayers to begin and end the day in Advent
Alan Stewart devised a short time of prayer for anyone to join in at 8.00am and 8.00pm every day of Advent so that we could reconnect ourselves with God's love and feel connected as the Hertford Team as the body of Christ. This time of prayer and reflection could be used quietly as we travelled to work, in our homes and to begin our Church meetings.
Alan also recorded both services. Please right click or option-click the link and choose 'Save target as ....' to download the files
- Download both in a single zipped file (7.7MB)
- Download Morning Service as MP3 (10.4MB)
- Download Evening Service as MP3 (8.7MB)
The full liturgy is available here.
Diocesan Advent Challenge
The Advent Challenge for 2011 was called Gifts for Life.
- "take time in the run up to Christmas to unwrap Gifts for Life
- take a moment each day to think about and act on the things that truly matter
- the gifts that really make a difference
- receive a text or email, a verse, a thought, a prayer, a challenge."
Sign up and get more information at the new home of the Challenge: www.livethechallenge.co.uk
Families and Schools
Wait Look Listen is a series of Advent stories for families and schools
Download a story and a worksheet each week day in Advent together with an extra colouring sheet; the stories follow the Gifts for Life themes. Download these from www.livethechallenge.co.uk/download/
How to find us
Information for Hirers
Our Hall is now open again, and may have just the slot you need.
Can't find something?