Keeping everyone safe
As of now we have suspended all Public Acts of Worship, Groups, clubs, concerts etc until further notice and closed the church. This is based on government advice as reviewed by the Church of England (see here). You can read a letter from the ArchBishops of Canterbury and York here).
How do I worship/pray?Just because we cannot meet together in person at the moment, it doesn't mean that we can't offer worship and prayer. You can find some resources, and links to more, on our worship webpage and on our prayer webpage. We will be adding to this over the next few days. We will also be posting via our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - links at the foot of this webpage).
We've also created a special CoVID-19 edition of our newsletter for those who can't access the web. Please feel free to share/print/distribute as widely as you wish.
Need a chat/some practical help?
Please email us
What else are we doing?The guidance also recomends a number of other actions which we have adopted, where relevant:
Please note that 'Washing hands' always refers to washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using a hand-sanitiser with minimum 60% alcohol content
- Use universal good hygiene, - this means everyone, all the time, which will effectively disrupt the spread of the virus. Display the public information poster attached, which states:
- Catch it - sneeze into a tissue.
- Bin it - bin the tissue.
- Kill it - wash your hands.
- Do not touch your face unless you've washed your hands.
- Offering phone support to those who are self-isolating in lieu of Pastoral Visits.
- Investigating if/how we can stream some of our services.
- Washing hands before and after giving the sacraments when visiting parishioners at home.
- Washing vestments (surplices, cassocks) on the hottest cycle we can without damaging them.
- Following advice from the staff on infection control when visiting people in care homes or Hospitals.
For more information on keeping yourself safe please see UK Government guidance.
How to find us
Can't find something?